Nichols College ResNET
All students, new and returning, need to register their computers to obtain internet access. This is true even if you have previously registered your computer on the Nichols network.
What does this mean?
When you plug your computer into the Nichols network you will be redirected to a network registration website.
- Enter your Nichols College username & password
- The scanning software, Bradford, will perform a local scan of your computer to ensure that up-to-date security patches and antivirus are installed.
- This scan is only done once, provided you meet the requirements.
- The scanning software will be deleted from your computer after completion.
- After a successful registration, you will have full internet access.
- If you fail registration, you will have limited internet access until you resolve your issues at which point you must attempt to register again to obtain full internet access.
Why is this happening?
- to ensure your computer doesn’t get a virus from your peers
- to ensure your computer doesn’t infect other student computers
- to ensure your computer runs at full potential
- in a nutshell, so you can be a student!